Friday 12 January 2007

Full City Council in a Morning Suit.....the others wear one!

Today (thursday) has gone very fast indeed!

Fairly busy in Pickwicks all day!

This evening I chaired the full City Council meeting in the Town Hall. The agenda was quite short as there hasn't been many metings over the christmas holidays.

However, we had a very interesting update on the 'Princes Road' issue (this is an area which could possibly be regenerated). More developments on that no doubt fairly soon!

Other than that it was a straight forward meeting. I always get a bit nervous when chairing these sorts of meetings as they are fairly formal.

However, often get through it ok. I often wish that, during the meeting, time would scoot along - as then the meeting would be finished quicker. One of the highlights of the full council meetings is that I can use it as an excuse to dress in my Morning Suit (no tails).

I chose a Morning Suit as my 'best suit' as I have seen many of the Mayors and Chairman of Cities and Unitary Authorities wearing them. I thought - we are a city - so the Maoyr of Wells should wear one!

Quite what I'm going to do with it afterwards - is anyones guess.

No comments: