Tuesday 9 January 2007

At least I danced!

Today started with me working at home. Am using the first part of the new year to catch up with paperwork etc.

This afternoon, I visited Wells Town Hall to review my diary with my (rather poorly) Diary Secretary. I have to do this each week, so that my diary is kept up to date. If it isn't then I'm not too sure where I am!! However, she is absolutely wonderful.

As my Diary Secretary wasn't feeling too good - and she was still trooping away - I went to the Lotus Lounge (in Wells, I opened it in November, alongside the floation tank) for some energy drinks. For my Secretary I brought a 'Immune Booster' and for me it was a 'Morning Glory' smoothie. We both felt a lot better for drinking them.

Got my diary updated with only a few amendments. It's all starting to look a bit cramped - I'm sure we'll get by.

Had great fun this evening. Went to Wookey Hole Caves for a rather unique event. Paul Scates organised an evening cramped with entertainment, champagne and nibbles. Paul is participating in a show called 'Spendaholics' (www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/spendaholics). He has to show that he can put on an event with no budget - and a lot of planning! I must say, it worked.

First we were greeted with champagne, then after a welcome by moi, we witnessed a 'Moulin Rouge' dance routine. This was great fun. Although I should have expected that the Mayor would be targeted to join in the dancing! Then off to the wonderful caves for some more singers.

I really hope he gets his prize. Show to be aired at the end of January.

No comments: