Monday 19 March 2007

Mayor's Diary for 15th March 2007 - as published in the Wells Journal

The count down has begun. I have now only 10 weeks (and 2 days) left of my Mayoralty. So if I don’t do it all now….it ain’t going to happen. I have a very packed diary, but if you have any other ideas; please let me know.

Over the past week I’ve attended 6 events, functions and meetings as your Mayor.

On Tuesday I attended the Twinning Association AGM. As Mayor I’m the President. My role was to open the meeting and conduct the election of Officers. Well done to Bob Reynolds and his team for representing the City in our twinned towns. The meeting discussed less formal ‘friendship agreements’ with other towns in Poland and Germany.

I had a nice surprise on Thursday, as my brother Andrew popped in on his way to a business meeting. I have two younger brothers and Andrew is the one in the middle. Sadly, didn’t have too much time to talk as I was very busy at work.

On Friday I was invited to give out awards to pupils from Stoberry Park School for their efforts in improving handwriting. For those who had the best improvement, I gave them a very nice pen. Many others who met their targets won certificates.

Well done to all the pupils and teachers for focusing upon an important area. Some of the handwriting I encounter (including my own) needs considerable improvement.

Later that evening, the Mayoress and I attended a party for my Chaplain in the Mayor’s Parlour. I’m so proud to have Lavinia Byrne as my Chaplain, she does an excellent job. More on the party can be found on my blog, http://www.mow633.blogspot.com/.

Saturday evening I hosted a party for Stephanie Webb to celebrate her birthday.

Monday evening the Mayoress and I hosted a reception for the Heads and Governors of Wells Cathedral School. This was the second in the trio of receptions for Governors to say thank you for all of the hard work they do.

Over the next week my diary includes Council meetings, the Grand Tour of the Loving Cup, Abbeyfield AGM, Macmillan Support AGM and a reception for The Blue School Heads and Governors.

No comments: