Tuesday 20 March 2007

Ann Wain

Today was one of the most horrendous day's of my Mayoral year.

After arriving back from Hedge End late this morning, Julie (who works for me) told me that Ann Wain had died.

Ann was a truly exceptional member of staff. She was very dedicated, loyal, trustworthy and humorous. Her death was completely unexpected.

Ann promised me at the beginning of my year, that she would support me throughout. This sometimes meant managing Pickwicks, working extra hours or taking on some responsibility. She kept to her word.

Without Ann doing this, I could never have done so many of the engagements I was invited to. Ann was a good supporter of mine and backed me 100%.

So I owe Ann an awful lot, but will miss her personally.

I know all of the staff at Pickwicks will miss her; as well as the many customers who knew Ann and the high quality work she produced.

No comments: