Tuesday 24 April 2007

Mayor's Diary for 19th April 2007 - as published in the Wells Journal

By the time you have read this my nephew will have had his first birthday. Can’t believe it was a year ago that we as a family first saw him. Although I’m not able to be there for his birthday, I hope to see him quite soon. Every time I see him, he has changed so much.

Over the past week I’ve attended 4 events, functions and meetings as your Mayor.

Most of my engagements this week were taken up with meetings.

However the highlight for this week was to visit the Wells Stroke Club at the EMI Club on Monday.

As a special treat to club members, one of the UK’s top Harpist’s, John Doulton, played a mini concert. It was a wonderful way to spend late morning. I felt so relaxed after listening to the music – I didn’t feel like returning to work afterwards.

In the evening I hosted a reception in the Mayor’s Parlour for some local residents who supported me during my Mayoral year and during my years as a Councillor.

More on my week can be found on my blog, www.mow633.blogspot.com.

Over the next week my diary includes Council meetings, a visit by Wookey Primary School to the Mayor’s Parlour, a reception for Tele PA, a visit by my Mum (better tidy my house first), Opportunity Playgroup Charity Auction, Lion’s Charter Night, A Celebration of Wells in St. Cuthbert’s Church, Civic Night at the Little Theatre to watch ‘HMS Pinafore’.

No comments: