Sunday 6 May 2007

Mayor's Diary for 3rd May 2007 - as published in the Wells Journal

Over the past week I’ve attended 7 events, functions and meetings as your Mayor.

On Tuesday alongside the Carnival Princess, I gave several cheques to local organisations raised from last year’s carnival. The Carnival Princess very much enjoyed handing out so much money. Well done to Wells Carnival Committee for raising the money.

Wednesday saw two events. First, my Chaplain and I attended the first Wells Royal British Legion Tea Dance at Kudos. Many attended and everyone had a good time.

Later that evening, the Mayoress and I attended a dinner with the Bishop and his wife Dee. We had a wonderful evening and a lovely tour of his chapel.

On Thursday I attended the relaunch of Bloomsbury Heath Suite in Broad Street. The business has just moved to new offices and it’s looking great. After that, I went along to the Wells Young Gay & Lesbian Group, to talk about my role as Mayor.

On Sunday I attended the installation of The Bishop of Taunton and Wells Cathedral’s first female Archdeacon, Nicola Sullivan. Nicola overturned 1000 years of history to have this post. Well done to her for the appointment.

On Monday, the Mayoress, my Chaplain and I attended Wells Cathedral School assembly. The assembly was held in the Cathedral and was in front of the whole senior school. It was a wonderful morning.

Over the next week my diary includes Council meetings, Media training, opening of a Summerhouse in Fletcher House, local elections, opening the Fun Fair, Maypole Dancing and watching Wells FC play their first Cup Final in Western-Super-Mare.

No comments: